Troubleshooting tips for GameStream
For information on how to get started with GameStream, please see our GameStream users guide.
1. Check host PC for any of the 3rd party software below. If you have any of these installed consider uninstalling temporarily and see if that helps. With at least Razer Synapse, Kaspersky, and Keybots, disabling the software may not help, it must be completely removed/uninstalled from the system.
-Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-virus
-Razer Synapse software
-ASUS Sonic Studio
-Panda Cloud Anti-virus
-AVG Internet Security
-K9 Web Protection software
-ESET nod32 Anti-virus
-Other Anti-virus or Internet Security software
2. Both SHIELD console and host PC should be connected to the same network/router.
3. Install latest updates for SHIELD Hub on the SHIELD device. You can check for updates from NVIDIA Games > Settings > About > Check for updates.
4. Install latest graphics drivers and GeForce Experience on host PC. You can check by launching GeForce Experience and check for updates.
5. Clear the NVIDIA Games app data/cache. You can do this from Settings > Apps.
6. Use the same NVIDIA account for NVIDIA Games app and GeForce Experience.
7. Log off from both NVIDIA Games and GeForce Experience, restart SHIELD device and host PC, and then log back in.
8. Connect both SHIELD device and PC to same router using Ethernet connection.
9. If using Wi-Fi connect to 5Ghz and not 2.4Ghz.
10. If both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands are enabled in the router than make sure the SSID is different for each.
11. If connecting over Wi-Fi, use the Wi-Fi Analyzer app to detect the cleanest channel for your router to use.
12. Install latest firmware for router.
13. If problem is specific to Remote GameStream then please try the port forwarding tool here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3488