Restore Google Home control with SHIELD
If you use a Google Home device to control your SHIELD, you may have lost this feature as part of a SHIELD Experience or modifying your Google account. To restore functionality, follow these instructions to reassign SHIELD to your home.
On your SHIELD Device:
- Under Settings>Apps, locate the Google app and delete all app data
- Restart your SHIELD
- Once SHIELD is restarted, press the microphone button on your remote to complete the Google Assistant setup on your device.
On the Google Home app on your mobile device:
1. Locate any disconnected SHIELD TVs associated with a room that need to be removed. Helpful hint: Look for for devices without “Play music” underneath. You may find duplicate devices.
2. Tap on the device and make sure “Not Available” is displayed. Tap the settings (gear) icon to continue.
- Under "Home Control" tap on a device
- Assign the devices to a room (Hint: add all devices you want to remove into their own room)
- On the Google Home app on your mobile device locate all the devices in the room you moved them to.
- Tap each device and unlink them from your account
- Complete the setup by following the first set of instuctions (delete Google Assistant app data on SHIELD, restart SHIELD, press microphone button, use Google Home to assign SHIELD to room, etc)