There are changes by Apple in macOS 10.15 Catalina that change an application’s default access to mouse input. If you are using GeForce NOW with macOS 10.15 Catalina, your gaming experience may be different.
You can fix this by giving the GeForce NOW app permission to access raw mouse input.
Follow the instructions below to grant GeForce NOW access to your mouse.
- Install and launch NVIDIA GeForce NOW
- Click the gear icon to open NVIDIA GeForce NOW Settings
- Toggle the DIRECT MOUSE INPUT setting to on.
- Launch Fortnite from GeForce NOW.
- You will be prompted to grant Keystroke Receiving access.
- Click on Open System Preferences.
- In System Preferences, first click the lock icon.
8. Enable the checkbox next to the GeForceNOWStreamer application
9. Switch back to the running Steam application and press ⌘Q to exit
10. Launch a game from NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
11. You can confirm that your settings have taken effect by enabling streaming stats and playing a game that hides and locks the cursor, such as a first person shooter game.
NOTE: If the streaming window becomes full-screen while you are trying to interact with System Preferences, simply press Command-Tab or Control-Left Arrow to switch back to System Preferences
Note: Despite the wording in the System Preference pane, GeForce NOW Streamer does not monitor your keyboard while using other apps. The Input Monitoring permission is used only for unaccelerated mouse input and low latency keyboard access while the GeForce NOW Streamer is the active application. While GeForce NOW Streamer is in the background or while it is not running, your keyboard and mouse inputs are not read or captured.
NOTE: The Input Monitoring setting will not take effect until the next launch of a game from NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
When the mouse cursor is hidden, the input mode will be listed as “alt”.
If the setting has not taken effect, and the mouse cursor is hidden, the input mode will be listed as “rel”.
In either case, if the mouse cursor is unlocked and visible, the input mode will be listed as “local.”
If the input mode is listed as “sdl” you are running an old version of GeForce NOW and you should update to the latest version.