NVIDIA Control Panel Windows Store App
Updated 09/29/2021 01:09 PM
I am unable to install/launch the NVIDIA Control Panel app from the Microsoft Windows Store
Per Microsoft requirements, the NVIDIA Control Panel is no longer included in the driver package and is instead distributed exclusively through the Microsoft Store and seamlessly installed following the completion of the NVIDIA driver installation.
Minimum system requirements for the NVIDIA Control Panel app are listed below:
• NVIDIA GPU with DCH 1 driver installed
• Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or later (version 1803 build 17134 or higher)
• X64 CPU
• Windows update service needs to be running (with active internet connection)
If the NVIDIA Control Panel is not installed during the installation of an NVIDIA DCH display driver, you may manually install it from the Microsoft Store be searching for “NVIDIA Control Panel” or directly from the URL below:
The NVIDIA Control Panel app from the Microsoft Store may periodically get updated. If you see the message below when you try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel, it likely means the latest NVIDIA Control Panel app was not updated to the latest version from the Microsoft Store during the driver update process.
How to fix it:
First we need to confirm that the NVIDIA Control Panel app is still installed. Click on the Start icon on the taskbar to bring up the Start menu. Click on the Settings icon to bring up the Settings page.
Click on Apps>Apps & Features. >Locate >NVIDIA Control Panel. If you see it listed, then the next step is to manually upgrade the version. First uninstall the NVIDIA Control Panel as shown below.
3. Once the NVIDIA Control Panel has been removed from your system, open the URL below to download the latest version of the NVIDIA Control Panel: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nvidia-control-panel/9nf8h0h7wmlt?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab
4. Once completed, you should be able to open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
1 To check which display driver type is installed, right-click over the Windows desktop -> select NVIDIA Control Panel -> click on the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel -> look at text that follows “Driver Type”. You should see one of the following:
For driver type Standard, there is no need to download NVIDIA Control Panel app from the Microsoft Store app.