SHIELD Experience Upgrade 7.0 introduces a brand new home screen that, for the first time ever on a media streaming device, brings your favorite TV shows, movies, music, games and apps to a single screen. Learn more here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are all my apps?
Long press the Home button on your SHIELD remote or controller to open the App drawer. You can also select the red "App" icon on the top row of the home screen. Add apps to the Favorites row of the home screen by navigating to an app in the App drawer and long pressing the Select button on your remote.
How many apps can I add to my Favorites row?
There is no limit to the number of apps you can add to the favorites row.
How can I customize my Favorites row?
- From the home screen, navigate all the way to the right on the Favorites row and select the "+" icon.
- From the App drawer, navigate to an app and long press the Select button on your remote and select "Add to favorites".
- To move or remove an app from the Favorites row, navigate to the app and long press the Select button on your remote.
How can I customize the Play Next row?
- To add TV/Movies/Games: Navigate to the show or game on the home screen and long press the Select button on your remote. Select "Add to Play Next". Note: Not all apps support Play Next.
- To add a game from NVIDIA Games: Inside NVIDIA games, select game and select "Add to Play Next" (GameStream and GeForce NOW only)
- To remove a tile from the Play Next row: Navigate to the show or game on the Play Next row and long press the Select button on your remote and select "Remove from Play Next".
- To remove the Play Next row entirely: Select "Customize channels" at the bottom of the home screen and Select Play Next, and then deselect "Enable Play Next"
Some movies/shows are not showing up in "Play Next"
Select "Customize channels" at the bottom of the home screen and select "Play Next". Make sure your app is enabled. Some apps don't support "Play Next" yet, but are currently working on adding support.
I'm not seeing a Channel for one of my Apps
Select "Customize channels" at the bottom of the home screen and make sure your app has Channels enabled. You may first need to open and log in to an app for the channel to show. Show apps also take some time to populate the channel. Additionally, some apps don't support Channels yet, but are currently working on adding support.
How can I customize my Channels?
- To add a channel: From "Customize channels" at the bottom of the home screen, enable the app and channels to be displayed. Note, some apps have multiple channels.
- To move a channel: Navigate to the channel and press left until you see an arrow appear. Press Select to change ordering.
- To remove a channel: Navigate to the channel and press left until the "-" icon is highlighted. Press Select to remove it.
What happened to the NVIDIA Share feature (Hold of Home button)?
Hold of Home currently brings up all apps. To enable the NVIDIA Share, go to Settings > System > NVIDIA Share
PLEX Server Data Migration
What is this?
Before this update, PLEX Media Server would only use internal storage to store library data including catalog information and other useful metadata. With this release, PLEX Media Server users can use expanded storage (USB/SD). Now 16GB SHIELD owners can grow their library without impacting storage space.
How can I set this up?
Instructions and useful information can be found on this article.