By default, PLEX Media Server will use internal storage to store library information data (thumbnails, movie information, additional metadata) on SHIELD. Additionally, the new storage will be used as temporary storage used for transcoding and recording DVR'd content. PLEX users with 16BG SHIELD and very large libraries may find this feature useful if they are running low on storage for other apps or to download software updates.
Make sure your PLEX app and PLEX Media Server app are updated to the latest versions on the Google Play Store
Migrating your PLEX Server storage location
- Make sure your PLEX and PLEX Media Server apps have been updated to the latest version.
- Connect your USB storage device to SHIELD (SHIELD 2015 owners may also use the SD Card)
- (Optional) Adopt your storage to SHIELD
- Open PLEX on your SHIELD and go to Settings -> PLEX Media Server -> Storage location
- Select the storage location
- Adopted storage: Select Internal (user accessible location)
- Removable storage: Select the storage device by volume name
- Wait for migration process to complete (may take several minutes, depending on the size of your library)