Yes, the Mac, PC, and SHIELD apps support in-game mic. Now you can voice chat with your friends, or foes, in game during your epic battles. To use Mic, make sure you have the latest PC, Mac, and NVIDIA Games App (SHIELD) installed.
If you are using a Bluetooth gaming headset on PC and Mac, please read this Knowledge Base article to optimize your gaming audio. If you are not getting any audio from your microphone in GeForce Now but it works on your PC or Mac, please make sure you are using a supported frequency. We recommend 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz.
- Open Run using "Window+R"
- Type "mmsys.cpl' to open sound properties
- Go to Recording tab
- Click on Headset microphone connected > Properties
- It will open Headset Microphone Properties -->Click Advanced tab> Default format > You could see drop down to select "sample rate and bit depth. Select your preferred setting.
- Press "Command+Tab and type " Audio Midi setup " OR Click the Launchpad rocket ship icon in the dock of your MacBook Pro, and then click “Utilities” and “Audio Midi Setup.
- Click the name of the input device in the left pane of the Audio Midi Setup window, such as “Built-In Microphone. or other connected headset
- Click the “Format” drop-down menu, and then click the sample rate you want to use for "Input"
Like other gaming consoles, SHIELD TV does not support mic on Bluetooth headsets due to latency/audio issues with the standard Bluetooth protocol. We will look into trying to fix this in future software updates.
For more information on enabling SHIELD microphone support, please ready this Knowledge Base article.