This behavior occurs if one of the following are true:
- The Windows 10 Game bar is enabled.
- Night Light mode is enabled
If either of the settings above are enabled, you will need to disable them.
Disabling Windows 10 Game bar:
1) Go into Windows Settings
2) From Settings, select "Gaming"
3) Select Game bar from the left hand column. Check that "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" is off. Uncheck "Show Game bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified.
Disabling Night Light
1) Right-click over the Windows desktop
2) Select "Display settings"
3) If Night Light is On, click on the slider to move it to Off.