If you have a port conflict you may wish to change the default port for the NVIDIA License server. Utilities such as netstat can be used to display the PIDs (Process IDs) using the port and determine if a conflict exists.
Symptoms or errors
A port conflict would often look like a non-responsive page unless there is another HTML serving service on that port. If the user cannot connect to the license server admin console on default port 8080, from either the local machine console where the license server is installed or remotely, they should check:
1. Check if the firewall rule was added and is functional.
2. Check Tomcat operational status: Check the license server root page on port 8080, check service status on license server.
3. Use netstat look for a conflict on the default port. If a conflict exists, use netstat with admin elevation (-sudo, root privilege) to display the associated process name is using that port. Many guides to useful netstat commands are available such as: http://www.binarytides.com/linux-netstat-command-examples/
For example, on Windows Server 2012 R2:
use “netstat -q” and look for a conflict on the default port. If a conflict exists use “netstat -q -b” with admin elevation to display the associated process name that is using the default (8080) NV license server port.
4. Change the default port if a conflict exists.
Instructions for changing port value
1. Change the port number within the Tomcat configuration file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\conf\server.xml
2. Find the below section and disregard the other commented out section for a shared thread pool
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
3. In this example the port is changed to “8088"
<Connector port="8088" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
4. Save the server.xml file.
5. Next, in the task-tray find the Tomcat service control icon and right-click and select “stop". Then repeat and select “start”.
6. The NVIDIA installer created firewall rules that need to be modified to reflect the changed port number
a. Open the firewall configuration and modify the rule “Open Port 8080”.
b. Change the name to match the new port and change the port number to match your new port. In the example above 8088.
7. Now you may connect to the management interface using the new port.
8. The next step will be to change the settings within the license management. Under “License Client Manager” select “Settings” and modify the port value for the “License server listen port” to reflect the new value. Then click “Save”. NOTE: If this step is not performed the following error will be displayed:
“Connection error: Please make sure the FNE server is up and running”
· Citrix Users may find http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX101810 - “Communication Ports Used by Citrix Technologies” useful for identifying port usage in their deployments.
NVIDIA GRID 2.0 and up