1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel and navigate to "Setup MOSAIC" page
In R334 and later drivers, hover over the Sync card icon. It will show if the Quadro card can support Multi-GPU sync.
2. Select Identify Displays. OSD (on screen display) identifiers will show position of attached displays
Each display will show three numbers:
- The large number is the Windows Identifier
- The smaller pair of numbers is the GPU, Port number. i.e. 0,0 is GPU 0, port 0.
This will help you identify which display is attached to which GPU.
3. Select "Create new configuration"
This opens the MOSAIC setup wizard.
Note: MOSAIC topology uses a grid format to define the layout. 1st page of the wizard asks for number of displays that will be part of the grid. The layout of the grid in terms of row and columns. The orientation of the displays.
4. Select number of displays to use in the grid
5. Select the topology - number of rows by number of columns
6. Select Orientation of the displays
Note: Current driver (R340) requires that you start the Mosaic wizard in Landscape mode and then select Portrait mode. You may get an error if starting the wizard in Portrait mode. We are working on fixing this error.
Then select "Next"
7. Select Displays
Displays are pre-selected as we only have 4 displays attached and our topology contains 4 displays
The Quadro Sync icon beside the listed Quadro cards shows that the system is sync capable
8. Select refresh rate and resolution per display.
Pay attention to the selected refresh rate. The order of the list is not numerical
Resolutions in the drop down menu are common display timings across all the display. If the resolution you are looking for is not present check that the EDIDs for all the displays are identical
9. Arrange Displays - Drag or enter the display number into the display grid.
The position in the GRID layout should match what you see with the OSD.
10. After completing the GRID - select Apply
It can take as long as 60 seconds for MOSAIC to be applied. During this time it is expected that the displays will flash.
Before applying MOSAIC the driver may ask you to close applications that are currently using the NVIDIA driver.
When you set MOSAIC the driver will be unloaded and the reloaded with the new topology. Applications that are currently using the GPU may crash if this happens while they are running.
11. You can either Finish or adjust for Bezel or Overlap correction
Frequently Asked Questions
· I am not able to select a display resolution
o Make sure all the displays support the same display resolution. The best way to do this is to make sure that the display EDID is identical on all the displays
o Try not to use custom resolutions. MOSAIC prefers to get timing from the display EDID.
o Check that the total resolution of the display is not going to exceed 16k pixels either horizontal or vertical.
· I can set MOSAIC on a single GPU but not on dual cards.
o Make sure that ECC is not enabled on either GPU. MOSAIC across GPUs is blocked if ECC is enabled.
· I can set overlap correction on a single GPU but across multiple GPUs
o Make sure the GPUs have a SLI bridge - you will require a SLI compatible Workstation.
§ Only 2 GPUs can be supported in SLI.
o Make sure the GPUs are connected to a Quadro Sync daughter card
§ Up to 4 GPUs can be supported with Quadro Sync card.
· The overlap option is not present
o A Quadro Sync capable card is required in order to use the Overlap option
· What GPUs are compatible with the Quadro Sync card.o Quadro K4200, Quadro K5000, Quadro K5200, Quadro K6000.