How do I create a custom resolution for my monitor?
Custom resolutions allow end users the ultimate flexibility to add virtually any resolution and refresh for their display as long as the monitor is capable of supporting the resolution and the resolution falls within the supported range of the graphics card. A monitor must be a Microsoft Plug n Play compatible monitor for custom resolutions to work properly.*
Note: You must be an advanced user and have knowledge of display timing concepts in order to create custom timings for special displays, such as an HDTV. Creating custom display timings creates new display modes to connect to display devices (such as HDTV) that may not use a standard Windows resolution.
Verify you have the latest NVIDIA Forceware display properties running on your PC. If not, you may download the latest desktop consumer and workstation Forceware display drivers from our Software Downloads page.
To create custom resolutions for your display
If your NVIDIA Control Panel is not in "Advanced Mode" select "Advanced Mode" from the top menu bar under the "View" drop down menu.
1) From the NVIDIA Control Panel navigation tree pane, under Display, click Change resolution.
2) Select the icon which represents the display monitor you wish to affect
3) Click the "Customize" button to bring up the Customize window
4) From the Customize window, select the button "Create Custom Resolution...". If this is the first time accessing this panel, you will be presented with a license agreement. If you accept, it will take you to the "Create Custom Resolution" window.
5) Fill in the fields with the values you desire for your display. Then click on the "Test" button which will cause the graphics card to query the dispay and verify the new custom mode is supported. If not, the test will fail and you will not be able to add this new custom resolution.
*PLEASE NOTE - THIS UTILITY MAY CAUSE SYSTEM DAMAGE AND VOID WARRANTIES. PLEASE VERIFY THAT THE CUSTOM RESOLUTION YOU CREATE IS SUPPORTED BY YOUR MONITOR BEFORE ADDING TO YOUR DISPLAY SETTINGS. NVIDIA UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL NVIDIA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE UTILITY.