Symptoms or Errors
Issues are seen with multiple-monitors such as corruptions/scaling-issues on one monitor, offset mouse cursors or tool bars, mouse cursors jumping around, flickering or a black blank screen.
NOTE: It is worth checking if the physical end-point supports the monitor configuration but the virtualized environment does not.
· Monitor resolutions exceed those supported by the vGPU/GPU or virtualization stack (XenDesktop/XenApp).
· Monitor DPI settings are mis-matched. A configuration not supported by Citrix but unfortunately not blocked either.
Checks and solutions
Customers are advised to check the following initially:
· Check the resolution and DPI of each monitor
· Verify the vGPU or physical GPU used for the session can support those resolutions (NVIDIA vGPU supported resolutions are detailed here: GRID Licensing Guide), if necessary change the vGPU profile to support or scale the end-point resolution down to that supported by the vGPU/GPU (following advice in: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4113 )
· Verify that the resolution is supported by the XenDesktop/XenApp VDA in use, Citrix document their resolution support here: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX201696
· Verify that the DPI of both monitors is matched, Windows 8.0 and up introduced mixed DPI but it is a feature Citrix do not support and have documented how to check and resolve this configuration, here:
o CTX202319 - Multiple Monitors - Mouse Cursor Jumping Around, Out-of-sync if DPIs of Monitors Are Not Matched
o And here: CTX212500 - Display Scaling (DPI) Causes Undesirable Published Application Display Issues With Multiple Monitors
GRID GPU cards used for pass-through or vGPU (e.g. K1/K2, M60, M6, M6)
Windows OSs 8.0, 8.1, 10.0 and up
Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
Multi-monitor (more than 2 monitor) configurations