If the IP address of the license server changes you may receive the error "Connection error. Please make sure the FNE server is up and running".
· NOTE: This error may also occur if you have changed the port of the license server and neglected to modify the port value in the license manager (under "License Client Manager" select "Settings" and modify the port value for the "License server listen port" to reflect the new value. Then click "Save".)
In the event that a change occurs on the GRID licensing server such as IP address, or a change in account used to manage the licenses on the portal it may be necessary to delete the trusted store and reapply the licenses.
You may see this error: Connection error. Please make sure the FNE server is up and running.
1. Close the browser that accesses the license server.
2. Stop the License Server service by Device Manager -> Services and stop the service called "FlexNet License Server - nvidia"
3. Delete the nvidia directory fromC:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\flexnetls\nvidia
4. Restart the License Server using Device Manager -> Services
5. You will now have to add the licenses again after downloading them from the license portal.
NVIDIA GRID 2.0 and up