Under Microsoft's Windows XP operating system, you may enable the NVIDIA Notification Tray Icon which adds an NVIDIA icon to your Windows Taskbar which provides shortcuts to certain display settings. This icon can also be turned off/disabled if the user does not wish to have this icon appear on the Windows Taskbar.
To enable or disable the NVIDIA Notification Tray Icon:
1) Right-click over your Windows Desktop with your mouse.
2) A context menu will appear. Select "NVIDIA Control Panel" to bring up the NVIDIA Control Panel software.
3) When the NVIDIA Control Panel appears, from the top menu bar, select "View".
4) From the drop down menu, you will see the option "Show Notification Tray Icon". To enable this icon, left-click over this option. A checkmark will appear notifying you the option is enabled.
5) If you wish to remove this icon from your Windows Taskbar, go back to the "View" menu bar and remove the checkmark next to "Show Notification Tray Icon".
*Note - The NVIDIA Notification Tray Icon is only available under Microsoft Windows XP.