To get the best benchmark and application performance measurements, turn VSync off as follows:
1) Open the NVIDIA Control Panel and make sure that Advanced Settings is selected from the control panel tool bar.
2) From the Select a Task pane, under 3D Settings, click Manage 3D Settings, then click the Global Settings tab.
3) From the Global presets pulldown menu, select Base profile.
4) From the Settings listbox, select Vertical sync and change its value to Force off, then click Apply.
5) From the Global presets pulldown menu, select 3D App ‐ Default Global Settings (the driver’s default profile) or use the application profile that matches the application you are testing, then click Apply.
Be sure to close the NVIDIA Control Panel completely —leaving it open will affect benchmark and application performance.