On the Dell XPS 630i desktop PC, your hard drive cage fan and PCI fan may start spinning at a very high RPM after using the NVIDA System Tools utilities.
Dell has provided a firmware update to the ESA Master I/O board which controls the fan speeds in your PC. To install this update, please follow the intructions below:
1) Download Dell ESA firmware from the URL below:
2) Navigate your computer to the folder where you saved the Dell ESA firmware file.
3) Double-click the icon for the Dell ESA Firmware labeled "DELL_SYSTEM-UTILITIES-ESA_A01_R192448" to launch the self extrator.
4) A self extraction window will appear. Click on the "Continue" button to proceed.
5) The default extraction location is "C:\dell\drivers\R192448". If are you ok with the location, click on the "OK" button to proceed. Two files will be created. One is "XPS630-FW-A01.hex" and the other is "Version.txt".
6) Right-click over the Windows Desktop to bring up the context menu. Select "NVIDIA Control Panel" from the context menu. This will open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
7) From the left pane, select "Update your ESA Firmware" under the heading "System Update".
8) Click the "Browse" button and navigate to the location where the Dell self extraction utility placed the file "XPS630-FW-A01.hex" and click the "Open" button.
9) This will flash the ESA Master I/O board. After it has completed, you may need to reboot your computer to complete the changes.