I can not change the channel on the set-top box using the MCE remote. How can I fix it?
1) Verify that your MCE-compatible IR receiver is properly connected to your USB port and Windows MCE installed it, verify the device is properly installed in Windows Device Manager.
2) Make sure your have installed new batteries in the remote control.
3) Make sure the red plastic emitter LED of the IR blaster is taped directly on the set-top box IR sensor window. Do not totally block the window since that may prevent you from using the IR remote that comes with the set-top box.
4) The remote works within a distance of 23 feet. Be sure there's nothing blocking the line-of-sight between the remote and the receiver.
5) Some satellite TV set-top box receivers use UHF radio frequencies from the remote control to communicate with the set-top box, they do not use Infrared light, as does the MCE remote control or IR Control cables. To change channels, you must use the set-top box's remote control.
6) Make sure you have the latest Infrared Receiver driver. If not, download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b39d53f1-0ac9-433b-b488-4cab82f31dc8&DisplayLang=en
For help in setting up your MCE remote control kit, please download the user's guide from the File Attachments area below.